AP Qual 2020
January 2020 - Applications for Qualifiers
AP Social Studies Am History -- Art History -- Comparative -- Economics -- Macro -- European -- GoPo -- Human Geo -- Psych
all World Language qualifiers will be administered in class on February 12, 2020.
January 2021 -- Coming Soon -- Applications for 2020-21 AP Courses
AP Social Studies
AP World Languages
Acceptance Process for Advanced Placement (AP) Classes for 2021-22
The qualifying process for AP courses has been modified from previous years.
- Students are required to have achieved designated grades in previous courses.
- Students not accepted may still be admitted provided superior performance on a diagnostic test in the subject
- In general, applicants may be admitted with an A or A- in prerequisite courses;
- Other students need superior performance on an In-class diagnostic test;
- Admission to AP Science courses also requires superior grades in Math classes.
- Admission to AP Social Studies courses also requires superior grades in English
- The diagnostic tests provide an opportunity for students to qualify for an AP course who might not otherwise.
- The diagnostic is another metric to gauge a student’s ability, potential and motivation beyond course grades.
- In past years, enrollment in some AP courses – in each Department - have drawn significantly (10-20%) from students in CPA level courses who otherwise would not have been admitted.
- This year’s diagnostic test continues to provide students with an alternate path to AP acceptance!